Posted on | September 17, 2007 | No Comments
Not an easy task as many will assure you!
Here are a few sleeping tricks I’ve pulled together from friends, my own travels, and some online resources to help you catch some zzzz’s on your next flight:
1. Choose a window seat. This way you won’t be disturbed if someone has to get up to use the restroom.
2. Bring earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones.
3. Bring a neck pillow or your own pillow for extra comfort.
4. Wear layered clothing in case you’re too hot or too cold. I also always need extra socks and a sweatshirt (it’s always freezing up there at 35,000 feet!).
5. If prescribed, take a sleep medication or an over-the-counter drug like Benadryl or Tylenol PM to help you sleep. Do not take any medication without first talking to your doctor first!
6. Tell your seat neighbors that you plan to sleep and that you plan to sleep through (or not) the meal service(s).
1. Flying a long haul international flight? Use the restroom BEFORE breakfast is served (as soon as they turn the lights on) to beat the rush.
2. Consider setting an alarm to allow yourself enough time to “wake up” with enough time before descending and landing to adjust before disembarking the plane.