Hello – it’s our fourth post with great tips on saving money while you plan for your baby.
Missed the earlier ones? Here they are –
2. Saving when prepping the nursery and
3. Your on-the-go lifestyle.
– Hospitals rent breast pumps by the day if you are interested in the try before you buy method. As you research right hospital for you, add this service to your list of questions!
– Stock up! Pump and Freeze. Note that breast milk can be frozen in a chest type freezer for up to 6 months and a refrigerator freezer for up to 3.
– Is your blender lonely? Is that food processor collecting dust? Bust them out and make your own baby food. Freeze it in ice cube trays, pop the cubes out, and store in zip-top freezer bags. Walla!
– This is the ideal time to buy stock in your favorite battery company. You will find yourself strongly supporting them. Look into swings, monitors, toys, etc. that come with AC adaptors or rechargeable battery packs; reduce your carbon footprint.
- Sarah and Linda
Linda Bauchwitz and Sarah Chambers are a mother/daughter team and owners of Before & After Baby Planning LLC, a concierge and consulting service that helps new and expectant parents prepare for their new arrival. They can be reached at 763-494-3201 and on the web at: www.planning4baby.com.