Coming home after a family event, she and her husband found a door open and realized that they’d been broken into.
After her experience, Elizabeth has 10 great tips to pass along.
- Be sure to have a home inventory list! They had one and it made figuring out what was missing much, much easier.
- After the break-in, don’t touch anything!
- Call the police. Crime scene experts arrived on the scene and dusted for prints.
- Call your insurance agent. Be sure to check your policy to see the conditions of depreciative and replacement value. It can always help in advance if you’ve done your homework on insurance riders.
- Consult your home inventory list, and make a list of specifically those items that are missing.
Elizabeth has five more tips coming so you know what to do in case your home is broken into.