Sarah and Linda – our “Baby Ladies” – are back again with another great post to help keep your holidays safe where toys are concerned. Thanks to Sarah and Linda for the great tips on toy safety below.
So here are the top five toy hazards to be aware of
1. Scooters and other riding toys: Helmets & safety gear should fit and be worn at all times.
2. Small toys or toy parts that can fit through a toilet paper roll are choking hazards for children under three years.
3. Balloons: Children under 8 yrs. can choke on un-inflated or broken balloons.
4. Magnets: For children under 6 yrs. – avoid building or play sets with small magnets.
5. Chargers and adaptors can pose thermal burn hazards to children. Charging should be supervised by adults.
Once gifts are open, immediately discard plastic wrappings, keep big kid toys away from little ones, and read all instructions and warnings!
To stay up to date on children and infant recalls, visit our website at www.planning4baby.com.
We want to wish you all a happy holiday season!
Sarah & Linda