MSNBC is reporting that people should stop using these products immediately –
“The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with Evenflo Co., announced Thursday a voluntary recall of about 643,000 Envision high chairs and expanded a recall of 90,000 Majestic model high chairs. Both models of high chairs were recalled due to risks from falls and choking hazards.”
If you suspect something might be wrong with a product you have, contact the appropriate agency – here’s a list:
Recalls.gov – This U.S. government recalls from six major federal agencies including-
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission – Reviews potential problems from more than 15,000 types of consumer products.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration – Recalls about and problems with motor vehicles, child safety devices, tires, etc.
- U.S. Coast Guard —Defects on boats made or imported into the United States.
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration —Product actions of the last 60 days, based on distribution and degree of health risk.
- Food Safety and Inspection Service —Service of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, monitoring meat, poultry, and eggs.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency – Monitoring potential problems caused by pesticides. U.S. EPA
Here’s a link to the article ….