Halloween is this Saturday – which is a big night for kids (candy and costumes) as well as adults (beverages and costumes).
For Adults – Five Tips:
- If you’re driving, be cautious and go slowly – watch for kids and families as they walk through neighborhoods.
- Trick or treating with the kids? Watch them – if they are in masks or have a large costume, their vision (and coordination) may be less that perfect. (Read this to be sure the costumes are safe!)
- Remind kids that rules still apply. (Like – look both ways before crossing the road, travel in groups, don’t leave the group, and no running.)
- Have pets at home? If trick or treaters, ringing doorbells and strangers are too much, keep your dog or cat away from the front door.
- Don’t have kids and going out to a party? Crazy costumes + adult beverages = Get a cab.
– The WHN Team